Love the idea of the Virtual Walk, but wish it weren’t so solitary? We’re super excited to partner with the Charge Running app! Now you have the option to join the Prevention Virtual Walk live on April 30, and meet other walkers in free training walks leading up to the big day.
Charge Running is one of the most motivating, encouraging, and social ways to exercise. When you download the app, you’ll be connected virtually with other walkers all over the world, motivated by an incredible playlist, cheered on by a live event announcer, and you will have the ability to share photos and encouragement for others in the live event chat. Plus, you don’t have to wait until the big day to meet other walkers and experience the fun of the app’s walks: There are two free training walks every day!
“I can honestly say it’s the most positive community I’ve ever been a part of,” says Charge Running co-founder Julie Wallock. “Everyone is so welcoming and encouraging. It’s not about your pace—it’s about the community, coming in, doing a class, and feeling so much better when you leave.” Give it a shot: “You can connect with people you’d never get a chance to meet in your regular life,” says Charge coach Betsy Magato. “And you have this incredible thing in common.”
With Charge, you’ll have all of the flexibility of a virtual event, with the thrill of community! Downloading and using the app is free. Just follow these easy steps.
1. Download the Charge Running app on your mobile device by searching "Charge Running" in your app store and look for the orange icon. Or, follow this link on your phone and you will be taken directly to the download.
2. Create your free Charge Running account by following the prompts and allow permissions (location, motion, and fitness).
3. Sign up for the Prevention Virtual Walk by navigating to "Events, Runs," select Prevention Virtual Walk, tap "Let's go!" then tap "Sign up."
4. Log in on the Charge Running app on event day to experience this incredible event. Make sure to join five minute prior to the 10 a.m. ET start time. Find the Prevention Virtual Walk banner or if you've already signed up go to your profile (in the bottom right corner) and look at the “Scheduled” tab to select “Prevention Virtual Walk" and get ready to have fun! Prepare to be motivated, inspired, and entertained from your starting line all the way to your finish line—anywhere in the world (treadmills work too).
5. You can also join in as many of the FREE Charge Move walking classes as you would like to. Charge offers two 20-minute live walking classes Monday through Friday! You can access all other classes on the Charge platform with a no-obligation 7-day free trial. The Charge community is excited to welcome you!
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.